Friday, February 15, 2008

Piston Cup

It's no secret that Brogan's favorite movie is "Cars". He can quote the movie verbatim when he wants to, spurting out random lines now and again usually in very appropriate places. The other day as I was making lunch he asked if we could go to the zoo, I explained to him that we couldn't that day because there wasn't enough time between that time and when we had to pick up Rhiannon. He seemed to consider that for a moment then said, "Oh, come on! You'll LOVE it!" (Mater to McQueen about tractor tipping). I started laughing and replied, "Be that as it may, we still can't go Brogan." He laughed, grabbed his sandwich and ran off.
The most ... disturbing use of his vocabulary came the other day as he was rub a dubbing away in my shower (there's a reason I like to shower at the gym - I get to shower without interruption!) when he grabbed one of the
cups he likes to play with in there, peed in it, starred it down then exclaimed, "Piston (or maybe pissed in) cup!" Since I didn't think he understood the joke on CARS when Mater says, "He did what in his cup?" ... I am left wondering what did he mean? Hmmm, curious.
He loves imitating those around him also. Since I am around him the most that generally means he is imitating ME. This evening we were getting ready to go to a "Sweetheart Dance" at Rhiannon's school put on by the spectacular PTA. I had blow dried my hair and was straightening it after our shower. I glanced over as I was doing the last "flippies" to the end of my hair to see him trying to figure out how to turn on the blow drier. I figured it couldn't hurt ...

2 comments:

Jenie said...

I love this picture. You can barely even see his hair.

mom said...

one cool dude